The Otumfuo osei tutu II charity foundation seeks to improve upon the lives of Ghanaians by implementing the ideals, values and visions of it patron and thereby use this medium as a vehicle in the transformation of Africa.
- To reverse the falling standard of education by enhancing access to good quality education through the rehabilitation and provision of the state of the art, ultra-modern educational facilities and equipment; and scholarship schemes to needy but brilliant children.
- To enhance access to good quality and sustained health care services for the vulnerable population and help reduce mortality rate (child and maternal) and the spread of HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases.
- To make Information and Communication Technology accessible to local communities.
- To improve access to sustainable portable water to all communities and preserve and protect natural resources.
- To promote tourism and preserve our culture and heritage.
- To reduce poverty through socio-economic empowerment and human development.
- To promote dialogue amongst people of different tribal, racial and religious backgrounds as an alternative means of conflict resolution in order to foster understanding, mutual respect and peace on the African continent.
VEHICLES FOR ACHIEVEMENT OF MISSION
The foundation is seeking to achieve the mission through the following programmes and projects:
- Otumfuo Education Fund
- Serwaa Ampem AIDS Foundation for Children (SAAFC)
- The second Phase of Promoting Partnership with Traditional Authorities Project (PPTAP).
- Development projects to be undertaken directly by the Foundation.
- Collaboration and Partnership with other Foundations, Corporations and Development Partners i.e. United Nations, African Union, World Bank, Traditional Authorities and NGO’s.
The foundation is working under four broad thematic areas, which are also reflective of the achievement of the achievement of aspects of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), GPRS II and NEPAD goals respectively.
These development agendas have the ultimate aim of empowering and building the capabilities of the people to sustain their capabilities of the people to sustain their livelihoods and also to enhance their well-being. These areas: Health, Education, Environment & Water and sanitation and Culture and Heritage.